Monday, October 25, 2010

Typographic Map of The City

Undeniably, we're surrounded by typography. Urban centers are plastered in branding, because buying and selling is pretty much how people live. Totally fine, I guess. Unless it's especially stunning, it usually goes unnoticed, because we're so used to it all. How can we easily see and understand what comes at us in a public space? Artist Matt Siber takes a step back and digitally isolates text from the visual information in the photograph, displaying them side-by-side in huge diptychs.


These places look so bizarre once type is removed. Bare, pure, and perversely naked. And the separated text on the right comes in varied, compelling compositions. The photographic perspective plays a hand in that, no doubt. 




Also, that's a lot of photoshopping. Hard to believe, but I can get nerdy at times... I know, a sultry bombshell isn't supposed to get nerdy, but I'm also a woman of mystery, full of surprises. One of my deep dark secrets is that I love tedious editing, so viewing his work gets me all sorts of excited!

(I know, too much information. But it's not like I want to eat it or anything. Because that wouldn't make any sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment