Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cubic Mouth + Disney


Imagine Mickey Mouse. 

In your mind, strip him of his easy-go-lucky persona. His giddy smile. His debonair charm. 

Then bake him in the oven in a geometric mold. Give him a 26er of vodka, and a license to kill. Add sassy red lipstick.




These are the scariest, most mesmerizing graphics Disney has ever signed off on. Satoshi Fumihara is the artist responsible for these beautiful treasures. Only in Japan, would this ever happen. Money talks, I guess. If the people of Japan wanted to see Minnie with red square lips, they've successfully gotten their way! (Honestly, they even have a Mickey Mouse vibrator over there).




I love it. Love love it all. 

And check out the completely hammered Dale, of Chip 'n' Dale fame. 





These products haven't quite trickled their way over to North America, even via eBay. So that means I'm yearning for them that much harder. 






This seems like a mature way to depict Disney characters. Geometric & soulless. 

This is the future. 

At least, it's my future... because I'll be decking out my bedroom with this theme.

In fact, I love Fumihara's designs so much that as a visual experiment, I decided to personally extend the look to a few more lovable Disney characters: 


Dopey (of Snow White fame)




Dumbo (precious flying elephant)


               

Bambi (cutie extraordinaire)

They do look slightly more psychopathic now... but it's a step up from hiding behind a beauty pageant smile. Cheers, Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment