Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Badass Needlepoint


There's totally such a thing, and it's not just for men (contrary to popular belief... or, you know, Rosey Crier's book):

Total Badass

Lately in my sparest of spare time, I've been working on my own badass cowboy cross-stitch, and hopefully I'll finish it sometime this year. That's the hilarious thing about needlepoint; unless you have months of free time on your hands, it becomes a daunting, haunting project. Teasing you, even in your dreams with its half unfinished body, like a thread + canvas zombie.

Which is what makes these pieces that much more impressive:


Brigid Berlin's Tabloid Needlepoint Pillows (via Apartment Therapy)


I Snorted My Dad and Well Hung would look incredible on my living room couch! (I'd have to buy them with some fake bars of gold, considering they're prized works of art). 

This recombined needlepoint pillow pretty badass too. Keep in mind that the artist didn't do the dirty stitchwork himself, but actually repurposed vintage pieces. Seriously gorgeous outcome, regardless.


Frederique Morrel's recombined vintage cushion


And here are some sweet cushiony vice pillows. I like Hugs and Drugs, they make a nice pair.

Needlepoint Pillow by Jonathan Adler (via Whorange)

At least they would make you feel better, after your fingers fall off from all that needlepointing. Hugs... or Drugs. Either would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment