Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sweet Easter Overdose

The pisanki we make at home usually look endearing enough (in their special homegrown way). But if they took a trip to MAC Cosmetics and got a free makeover, and then were airbrushed and photoshopped a bunch, they might be able to look like these glamour queens:


Tapeciarnia.pl


Of course, to diversify our egg basket, we throw in a couple of wooden Easter eggs (usually painted by old ladies of the Polish Folk persuasion). These can be found in Roncesvalles and other Polish stores around the GTA. 

Or, you know, the Tatry mountains in Poland. 


by Parisot Martine


They're like jewellery! I really want a crown of these wooden eggs, just to wear. My local hipsters will accuse me of being a hipster, but then I'll win them over by showing them how to make their own egg crown.

By the way, did you know that Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the US? It's because they're classified as "a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object imbedded in it." I had no idea! They also don't sell ketchup chips there, but that's a whole other issue. 

Unfortunately, their toy collections the past few years have been kind of lackluster. Come one Kinder, bring back the gnomes...


by Poodlefifi via Flickr


...or at least put out some more cute mechanized anthropomorphized objects. Like this pizza oven monster:


via Chocoegg


I'm assuming you've eaten way too many fondant-filled Cadbury Creme Eggs over the weekend, (by the way, even one is too many), so you're probably going through a corn syrup withdrawal right now. 

As usual, I'm here to save the day. Feast your eyes on this super sweet KidRobot Munny, which has been customized to look like a Kinder Egg: 


Customization by Peevee


I wanna take a bite outta that face. 

Except the plastic would taste gross. And wouldn't melt in my mouth. So fine, I wouldn't take a bite. 

But I'm still tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment